Wish a very Happy Lohri to my friends
Here is an easy recipe of dry fruit chikki
• Almonds – ½ cup (cut in halves)
• Cashew nuts – ½ cup (cut in halves)
• Pistachio flakes – 1 tbsp
• Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
• Sugar -3/4 cup
• Honey -1/4 cup
1. At first dry roast cashew nuts in a hot non stick pan . Then dry roast almonds.
2. Now, put sugar onto the non-stick pan and let it melt on low to medium flame. Stir it to prevent from burning. When sugar melts completely, add honey, almonds, cashewnuts, cardamom powder and mix well.
3. Now pour the mixture on parchment paper and spread it evenly. Sprinkle pistachio flakes.
4. Gently roll it with greased rolling pin.
5. After 3 to 4 minutes make square (or diamond shapes) marks with sharp knife and allow it to cool.
6. Separate the chikki into square or diamond shaped pieces and store in an air tight container.