It is Christmas time. It is baking time here – cookies, cakes and plenty of other goodies. So I have also taken to baking to join the bandwagon of festivities. Here is the easiest one for my readers. Try it. It is very easy.
• Butter – 125g (at room temperature)
• Flour – 125 g
• Custard powder (vanilla) -40 g
• Salt (to taste)
• Icing sugar – 40 gm
1. Cream the butter ,sugar and custard powder to form a smooth mixture.
2. Add the salt . Add little flour at a time .
3. Mix to form a soft dough. Pinch out small portions and then roll into balls. Then put some pressure with palm on the balls. You can make design by using forks. Add pistachio and almonds to decorate the cookies.
4. Place on the butter paper in baking tray. If you don’t have butter paper, grease the tray with oil.
5. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes .
6. Cool it before serving .