Thursday 13 August 2015

Mango Icecream

I think as kids all of us had a craze to have ice-cream, especially from those small ice-cream carts moving from street to street ringing a distinctive bell. As a kid i used to eagerly keep waiting for that bell to ring. Everyday, after coming back from school, I used to ask money from my mother to have that ice-cream. But most of the days, she used to say ‘No’, because according to her those ice-creams were made from contaminated water which can cause illness. She used to be worried that I may fall sick. But I still kept trying to persuade her until she agreed. But times have changed now. Kids don't wait for that bell to ring now. They have numerous other options. Nowadays, kids want to go to a good ice-cream parlour and have the choice of various flavours of ice-cream which was very rare in our childhood. With the changing time, even i have learnt how to make ice-cream of different flavours. Today I am presenting you mango flavoured ice-cream. But even though times have changed, i still wait for that small ice-cream cart to come. Someday may be it will again ring that distinctive bell which will bring back sweet memories of my childhood.

A summers are here and we keep craving for the king of fruits mangoes, I chose Mango Ice-cream as my first blog post. Here it goes. Yeahhh!!!



SERVINGS :
- 6  persons 

Ingredients

  • Mango pulp (1 cup )
  • Fresh Cream(1 cup)
  • Full cream milk (1 cup)
  • Whole milk cream powder (1 cup)
  • Powdered sugar (1/2 cup)


Method

1. Put the mango pulp into a blender jar. Add fresh cream, milk, whole milk powder, powdered sugar and blend till smooth.
2. Transfer into ice cream container with a tight fitting lid and freeze till set.
3. Place scoops in stemmed glasses or plate or bowl,garnish with fresh mint sprigs and serve chilled .

If you like my recipe, do leave a comment here or press the ‘like’ button. 


4 comments: